Get Started with E-commerce at KU
Follow the steps below to submit an e-commerce request and get started working with the KU E-commerce Committee.
Complete the E-commerce Request Form
KU E-commerce Committee will review your request and contact you to schedule a brief meeting
Meeting topics will include:
- Touchnet - KU's payment processing solution, including features
- Your specific e-commerce needs (e.g., online registrations, online shopping cart, point-of-sale terminal, etc)
- Security and compliance guidelines, policies and procedures
- Establish an implementation timeline
- All applicable fees, including costs for any custom development and/or integrations
- Vendor-purchased application needs: If you elect to use an approved application from a third-party vendor, the E-commerce Committee will assist you in arranging contact between the vendor and TouchNet Information Systems, our payment provider. There are typically fees for this type of integration, which will also be discussed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: A typical request takes a minimum of 1-3 months
KU Accounting Services will establish a Merchant ID for your unit
KU Information Technology (KU IT) will assist in the development of registration forms and/or an online store in close consultation with you and KU Accounting Services. It is the your unit's responsibility to first have the cost(s) approved by the KU Rate Review Committee.
Once your application is live, you will be able to run reports and view transaction details.